As you are probably aware, BCRA restricts its membership to members of the British Caving Association (BCA). BCA has announced that, for 2020, their Direct Individual Membership (DIM) fee will be reduced by £5 to match the fee paid by club members (CIMs). BCA also says...
- Additionally we have removed the category of Joint Membership, which used to attract a small discount. However, thanks to the reduction in DIM prices, the cost of two DIM memberships is still less than the former Joint Membership rate.
- Although Joint Membership has been abolished we have retained, for your convenience, the ability for you to apply online for two members living at the same address, and to make a single payment.
- Another small change is that if you live outside the UK you can now join at the non-caving rate. This is due to the reduced relevance of some of the membership benefits
- £42 : for UK Caving Members (Includes Cave & Karst Science on paper)
- £31 : for Non-Caving and overseas members (Includes C&KS on paper)
- £10 : *DISCOUNT* if you do not wish to receive C&KS on paper
- £8 : for UK-based full-time undergraduate students (Incl. C&KS)
- Postage of C&KS is now free world-wide.
Because a paperless non-caving membership of BCRA is now only £21, world-wide, we are hoping that we will be able to attract some more members from outside the UK.
Please go to http://caves.org.uk/fees to renew online for 2020. A reminder letter will be in the post to you soon.
We would like to make a plea for members to renew and pay online, rather than by cheque. If you must pay by cheque, please go online first and complete the form. Your acknowledgement email will then give you a reference number to write on the back of your cheque.
Please do not just send us the completed renewal letter and cheque, except as a last resort, as it leads to more work and higher costs, and the opportunity for mistakes. In fact, it is likely that cheque payments to BCA/BCRA will be phased out during 2020, as well as the paper renewal letter; but more on that next year.